The High Court has issued an arrest warrant for a defendant who failed to attend hearings related to the clearance of the pro-democracy Occupy protest site in Mong Kok.
Lou Tit-man is one of 15 who were accused of failing to comply with a court injunction to clear the Umbrella Movement site in November 2014. He faces a contempt of court charge.
The prosecution said during the third pre-trial review of the case on Monday that it has not been able to contact Lou, who did not attend the reviews. The court then issued an arrest warrant.
Last month, the prosecution said that seven of the 15 will plead guilty. On Monday, Yung Yiu-sing, one of the remaining eight who have not said which way they will plead, said he planned to plead not guilty.
Man For-on, another of the remaining eight defendants, was still applying for legal aid as of Monday. He will have to attend another pre-trial review on April 30.
Hearings for the case will start on May 15.
The case originally involved 17 people. Activist Alvin Cheng of localist party Civic Passion and another protester Au Yuk-Kwan previously pleaded guilty to criminal contempt.
In March last year, Mr Justice Andrew Chan handed Cheng a three-month jail term, as he was deemed to have shown no remorse. Au was given a jail sentence of one month suspended for a year, and ordered to pay HK$10,000.
In a separate case heard by Chan, pro-democracy activists Joshua Wong and Raphael Wong were sentenced to three months and four-and-a-half months behind bars respectively for playing a significant role in obstructing the clearance operation.
18 others in the case each received month-long jail sentences suspended for a year in addition to a HK$10,000 fine.